Monday, July 03, 2006

Bleary eyed and spinning sights

i need more sleep...

that's the conclusion that i've arrived to, after almost 2 weeks with streamyx. 2 days ago my buddy came over to put up his server at my house. he also set up wireless access, so now i can bring my laptop anywhere in the house and still get access to the net. so that night was almost an all-nighter for me, surfing to my heart's content. in the morning, not surprisingly, i woke up late. woke up with a start at 6.45, arrived at the office at 7.59. another 2 minutes and i'd have my first red mark on my punchcard for this month.

the whole morning, i was staring at the same page in my word document. for a good part of four hours, i didn't make any progress in my work. i kept reading what i've written b4, and nothing makes sense. finally i gave up and went to the surau and slept. my head feels like it's been replaced with a ton of concrete, and whenever i get up from my seat, i feel like i'm the centre of the universe and everything else is spinning around me. so much so that whenever i get up, i have to momentarily stand motionless until all the spinning stops b4 i can take my 1st step.


by the time it was time to go home, i drove groggily to the mamak restaurant in precinct 9 to have my dinner. after dinner, went straight back home. arrived at 6.45, and i immediately fell asleep. i woke up and looked at my watch... 7.15... ok, so i slept for half an hour. but something was not right. got out of bed to get my mobile. one look at the screen, and i realised i'd slept 12 1/2 hours!!! it was actually 7.15 in the MORNING! this is gonna be a loooong day....