Saturday, July 01, 2006

Wired but unwired

Get ready for the musings of an old man...

I finally got Streamyx installed last week. Now I'm finding that it's detrimental to my health. Been getting only 2-3 hours' sleep each night, and I go the office groggy and disoriented. Got the 1Mb line, but it feels like it's just a BIT faster than my normal dial-up. I guess I need to tweak the settings b4 I'm satisfied with the speed.

A frind of mine wants to host his webserver atmy house since his new house isn't covered by Streamyx yet. He's offering to pay for my electricity bill as well as setting up WiFi in my house, besides teaching me a thing or two about website hosting. Seems like a great idea to learn new things for free. Just hope he'll be satisfied with the connection speed.

I've been on the Internet for over 12 years now. A lot have changed, most noticably the access speed. Besides that, researching things is a WHOLE lot easier now. Why, you can get information about almost everything thru the Net. Still, some say the Net's been nothing but trouble. I guess it all depends on how you look at things. Me? Like McDonald's tagline.... "I'm lovin' it!"