Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Psych's Tag

Last night I went out for dinner with Mr. & Mrs. Croven at Secret Recipe Jusco Equine Park. As luck would have it, they chose the exact same seat I was at, the first time I came to Jusco Equine Park. Sat at the same seat, had a similar view of the happenings outside. Brought back memories I didn't want to remember. Nonetheless, had a great time talking about anything and everything, both about the corporeal world and in blogosphere. We also reminisced about old times and old friends, but being the feeble-minded simpleton that I am, most of the time I was left with a blurred expression on my face for I couldn't recall many of the people nor incidences that were discussed.

Anyway, what surprised me wasn't the whole outing, but what was lurking in the depths of the Internet, waiting to pounce on me when I got back. For when I fired up my trusty Firefox and Psych's site came up, there was a tag that he created. Little did I realise that in a couple of moments, I'd be mentioned as one of the people that he intends to agacer with the tag. Oh well, I thought, I'd just do them tomorrow at the office...

So here goes...

1. How am I like my father (or fatherly figure)?

Besides wearing glasses, you mean? I guess there's not many things similar between the two of us. I can list out the things different about us, if you want. For instance, he's religious, I'm not. He's funny around people, I have a sense of humour only a stick would appreciate. He's a good footballer, I have legs of a stool. Oh, you mean I REALLY have to tell you how I'm like my father and not the opposite? Oh, okay... lemme think for a while.... Okay, got it! Both of us love old vehicles. My dad has an old Vespa as well as a vintage Toyota KE20. He loves them both. So do I. That's where we're similar. [Going off on a tangent here:] I first learnt to ride a bike using that Vespa, at the tender age of around 3,650 days old. When others were comfy riding 'normal' bikes, I was happily riding the Vespa around the outskirts of Ipoh. Never felt safe riding normal bikes. I feel like they're just too light and flimsy. As for the KE20, my dad loaned it to me when I had my first job way back in 1995. Used to commute in the KE20 from Ampang to Bandar Utama everyday at some ungodly hours for a good part of two years. Did some modifications to the car. Changed the engine to a KE30 engine, changed the rims and tyres, put in a cassette player and new speakers (CD players in cars were unheard of at the time).

So, does that count?

2. How am I like my mother (or motherly figure)?

Again, nothing comes to mind right now. However, when I eventually have kids of my own, I'll do as what she did and just let my kids watch ONLY English TV programs and listen to ONLY English radio stations. Call me biased/snobbish/a*****e/kacang lupakan kulit/whatever-u-want-to-call-me, but I want my kids to grow out of the Malay mentality. Am I anti-Malay? Why do you care? It's my blog anyway... Hint: Mrs Croven, some buttons are being pushed and some strings are being jerked here ;)


3. What fictional character (or mix of characters) depict me?

If I were artistic and creative, I'd make up a character called Cyg and he'd have ALL my characteristics. But as for current fictional or non-fictional characters, I doubt any of them depicts me.

4. What historical figure (or mix of historical figures) I think am I most like?

(insert null-value here. No historical figures in memory database for comparison)


5. If I were a man-made object, what would I be, and why?

I'd be the most cryptic programming language ever created. I'd be sooo cryptic that only my creator understands me and no one else. What's this programming language called? Dunno, it doesn't exist, just like I don't really exist hehhehheh...

6. If I were an animal, what would I be, and why?

I'd love to be a phoenix, just so that my tears can heal others....

7. Who's answers of the above questions would you like to know?

I'm soooo sorry dudette, but you're tagged. Everyone else I know has already been tagged by Psych.

1na - Colours of Life

8 . Who tagged me?

Psych @ Equinox III


And tomorrow I'm going to rant about a very basic courtesy with customer service. Till tomorrow night, au revoir et bonne nuit...
finito...